Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Meeting Sawyer the First Time

What a joy to meet Sawyer and to hold her! Can you tell by the grin on my face, that this is exactly what I've waited all day to do?! And for those of you who think this gets to be ho-hum after the first few -- look at the joy on my face, it never gets old, and it is always a thrill to meet one of your grandchildren for the first time. Each time is the first time with that special child and the joyful thrill just gets better and better!
My tenth grandchild. I am so blessed!
Grandma Mary Lou holding Sawyer.
Great Grandmother Mary Lou and Sawyer Jane Vrbas.
Grandpa Jerry and Sawyer. She looks pretty cozy in Papa Jerry's arms, doesn't she?!

7 comments:

teddybears place said...

congradualtion tami and jerry ... dont know if i will ever catch up with ya'll on grandkids
sawyer is a doll like her big sister

sixbehrs said...

I can't believe how alert she already looks! She looks like she's older than 1 day! Very adorable--congrats!

Connie Lawless said...

It can't get any better can it? Until the next grandchild comes along! What a wonderful family!!

brusoe2000 said...

You can sure tell she has proud grandparents...she is very lucky.

Anonymous said...

Tami,
What great pictures! I stole a few... hope that's okay! :o) Isn't it just the best?? I've had a hard time concentrating on work or anything else! So glad they're home and everyone is feeling fine!
Congrats from one Gramma to another!
Lisa

Tami Vrbas said...

Hi Lisa, Congrats to you, too! Glad to share the pics! And, yes, I have that Grandma-thing going on, too, where you are constantly spaced off thinking about them.

Tami Vrbas said...

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I guess it's true. I'm busting buttons I'm so proud!