Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Now that the holidays are over and done with, I can finally come up for air and update this blog. The last two weeks of December was full of Christmas concerts at church and school, holiday feasting and we also had three family birthdays the last week or so of December. Whew! And that was before New Year's hit and all the bowl games, too!

Things have been quiet at our house, since I took my husband to the Dr. on Friday. He has gastro-enteritus, and the medicine that was prescribed makes him drowsy. He has been catching up on his sleep the past 3 days, which is probably just what he needed, anyway. He has really burnt the candle at both ends for the past two months, and even though he had the stomach virus twice during that period of time, he kept on working. There really wasn't much choice, since his boss is not in good health, so keeping things running falls heavily on him.

I am looking forward to the new year, and to getting back to a normal routine. I like the holidays, but, this past one felt stressful, to say the least. Life is busy enough, without adding all that extra stuff to do at Christmas. I really sound like a Scrooge, don't I? Is it possible to be just a half-Scrooge, I wonder? ;=)

No comments: